Thursday, August 23, 2012

Rethinking ways to display compact collections

As any collection grows there's the issue of how to display. Previously I've had my collection on shelves, bookcases, sitting on doilies to generally just laying around whichever room. For quite some time we've had an unused cake stand, vintage, pretty, striking and well unused sadly. It's taken me some time to sudden have the brainwave of actually making use of the stand and using it as a display piece for my vintage compact collection. 


As a stand the cake stand is ideal - it offers different heights and with the increasingly width of the stand going down it's great for building up the display. Smaller compacts can be happily seen at the top, to my oversized compacts on the bottom. 

Don't you just love it when inspiration hits?!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute idea, it showcases them beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...