Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Petite point Kigu compact


This Kigu compact was the second I ever risked bidding on via eBay. With it's petite point half stitched flowered top detailing upon a cream background, encased in plastic - as a sewer at heart I was instantly won over. The gold casing finishes the top and inside opens to reveal the infamous Kigu logo upon the powder well flap. With a latch that slides down to open the flap it hinges open to reveal a just as golden powder well. It has seen some wear both the marking upon the bottom of the compact and the clasp closure not fitting perfectly as it once was, the colours and detailing within the flowers alone certainly make it worth keeping. While I can't recall how much I spent on it, it certainly wouldn't have been a lot - I was never one for spending a lot on buying compacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...