Thursday, July 5, 2012

Welcome to the vintage powder compacts blog

 
Today sees the launch of this new blog and a new challenge for myself. Being a collector of vintage powder compacts [although there will be the occasional modern compact thrown in for good measure], I've often battled endless google trawls to find information or history about compacts and got nowhere. Often the information you do find is limited, dull or you just get directed to endless eBay and Etsy pages. This blog is part of challenging that - a modern take on writing and learning about these vintage objects while taking my own collection to the next level.

As I start selling compacts - I have far fetched dreams of making a name for myself in world of compact collecting and if I can pass on any information along the way that is an added bonus. My aim is to provide an insight into my collection, share compacts that I admire and are on my dream list, some of the history of the manufactures and cosmetic houses and tips and hints about collecting along the way.

You're more then welcome to tag along and share you're experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...