Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Yellow and blue plastic compact


For me, unmarked compacts end up being some of my favourites. Possibly because it's that air of added mystery and the challenge of trying to find just something no matter how small out about them. This bright yellow and navy blue compact is one we have on eBay this week it's unbranded and unmarked - a right little mystery. It's plastic construction leads me to think it's somewhat early [as in the 1930s] and I have a similar Chicago Buckingham Fountain design which dates from that era. Regardless it's still a beauty even if it's somewhat used and is without it's puff and doesn't that yellow make the blue just pop?

The navy blue section lifts up to reveal the powder well rimmed with a metal edging and remains complete with a plastic looking stiff. It's in a fairly good condition, the bottom is a little marked but that has to be expected with older compacts. To me these marks show the compacts had a life and been used, I'd prefer that over the pristine compacts I will be honest.

Make sure to check this compact out and out other items this week on ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...